Wednesday, 30 May 2012

First steps in resin casting.

I've just made my first mold for casting resin miniatures. I used a battle for skull pass dwarf as a start for the conversion. I changed the shield design to the rune of Hashut and the face to a Cthulhuesqe mask.
I'll post about mold making when I make the next mold. It is surprisingly easy with the proper research. There was some major raiding of the toy box to make the mold; Lego, Marbles and Plasticine all went walkabout.
here are some pictures of the first cast and the first 5 undercoated.

This one suffered a little from air bubbles. I think the temperature was a little warm outside for casting.

No comments:

Post a Comment